Monday 13 October 2014

Kitchen Tip: Measuring Sticky Ingredients? No Problem


I know I am not the only one that rolls her eyes when a recipes calls for adding precise measurements of sticky ingredients like honey, peanut butter, molasses et al. I have no issue with the ingredients themselves. Shucks - I even steal a taste - some into mixing bowl, some into my mouth.

My issue comes with getting everything out of the spoon or cup into the bowl and then washing up afterwards. Baking is pretty much a science and everything has to be exact so incomplete measurements can change your results. Then I read somewhere that coating your measuring spoon or cup with oil makes the ingredients slide right out. I tried it and I haven't looked back since. The ingredients slide right out and also make washing up a lot easier.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment