Monday 20 October 2014

Store Bought Salsa - From ordinary to pretty d***ned good

Have I said it before? I am not a food Nazi or a food purist. I am not one of those ít has to be homemade or I will surely lose my desire to live' kind of people and I definitely don't look down my nose at people that use convenience foods. If I do that, its probably because my nose is itching or something. Just a little caveat.
 
I will say though that some convenience foods need something extra- a little oomph to pass muster in my book. A little bit of this and a little bit of that and a can of something can be transformed into deliciousness.
 
A jar of pretty good medium salsa in my fridge. I get food gifts from friends and this jar of salsa was one of those gifts. A pretty good specialty salsa to be honest. But it lacked a little something for me.
 
I chopped up some spring onions/scallions - white and green parts, opened a small can of sweet corn and added some ground coriander. 
 
 
 
 
Stir everything together and serve with some corn chips. As simple as 1,2,3 but definitely not your average salsa.


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment