Friday 31 October 2014

With Love from The Google House, Nigeria

A few weeks ago, I was surprised to receive a call from the good people of Google Nigeria, requesting to meet with me to discuss an innovative project that they were about to go live with.
 
I was told about Google House, Nigeria. This concept has been done in France, Germany, the UK and in the United Arab Emirates. A space is taken over by the Google team and converted into a totally cool 'Google House' with several 'rooms'. The idea was to show select invited guests how Google apps made everyday life in these rooms a breeze. I was asked to be a part of this project and give demonstrations in the kitchen as well as show how to make simple but yummy treats that would be tasted by the group. After viewing the other houses online and then having the 'Googlers' in Lagos show me how the Google voice app made life in the kitchen a breeze, I was a convert.
 
The Google House Nigeria was set up on the 6th floor of Churchgate Tower in Victoria Island, Lagos and was the first in Africa. While whole house was super cool, my favorite room in the house was - say it with me - the kitchen. It was colorful and quirky. A lot like me. -)
 
It was such a wonderful experience for me. I am a people person and the opportunity to meet people and share my passion of not only cooking and sharing food but also incorporating 'foodie smarts' was one right up my alley.
 
 
 
I had the chance to finally meet the uber cool and fun Chef Eros who is as talented as they come. We talked food and food dreams, shared the kitchen space at the end of the event making little treats for the wrap party, took some goofy pictures and even danced a little bit. 



In between demo sessions, I had a chance to be interviewed for a docupiece for The Economist by the very talented Ema Edosio.
 
All in all, it was a fun 2 days. Even though I couldn't feel my feet a day after, I would do it all over again.
 
Enjoy!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment