Monday 18 May 2015

Cool Down With A Refreshing Watermelon Spritzer

If you are one of those people that thinks all the talk about global warming is a load of bollocks....and you live in Lagos, Nigeria at the moment...then I have no words for you. LOL
 
It is blazing hot. Scorching hot. Its so hot that air conditioners are struggling to churn out cold air. Its muggy. Most people are uncomfortable. Its supposed to be rainy season now but I can count on one hand how many times it has rained this year.
 
Drinking - make that guzzling liters of water and other cold beverages is imperative to keep hydrated and stay in relatively good spirits - I blame a lot of snappish behavior on the heat. (:-))
 
I say make the drinking fun too. This watermelon spritzer is cool. Its refreshing. It has fruit. It is easy to put together. It gives a buzz. What's not to like?

 
 
 
 
 
To make a pitcher spritzer that will serve 2 or 1.... you will need:
 
  • 2 cups of white wine
  • 75cl of soda water/sparkling water
  • 1/2 cup grenadine
  • 2 cups diced deseeded watermelon
 



Directions:
  • In a pitcher/jug with a lid, add all the ingredients and stir to combine.
  • Refrigerate till ready to serve
  • Pour into serving glasses and enjoy......

 
 
This spritzer will make the guys and dolls happy. Make this in the morning so you can have a chilled glass of this at the end of the day.


 
 
Enjoy!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. This tastes really nice the day you prepared it. And your blog looks amazing and so colourful! I love it...I feel like I'm in my sitting room

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post, impressive. its quite different from other posts. Thanks for sharing.
    FreeCouponDeals

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recently found your blog, and I absolutely love it; I love how it has a little of everything. I look forward to reading a lot more! =)
    Cook at easy weight watcher recipes foods.

    ReplyDelete