Is every cook like me? Getting bored with chicken? Making the same old chicken dishes?
Seeing as chicken is a crowd pleaser and can be pocket friendly, I am constantly looking for ways to make chicken dishes that are tasty and interesting.
Enter this very very moreish, simple to put together dish that is perfect for feeding a crowd - its soccer season (viewing parties at your house? Serve this), the holiday season is almost here and schools are going to start sending memos with the kids for things to bring for class parties or just for Sunday lunch
The best part about this dish, is the ingredients are easy to find and can be started overnight in the fridge.
You will need:
- 12 pieces of chicken - I prefer dark meat and use drumsticks or wings. Especially if serving as party food
- All purpose spice or poultry seasoning - season to taste
- 1 large onion - rough chopped
- 1 cup dark honey
- 1 large piece of ginger - grated
- 4-6 yellow scotch bonnet peppers - finely diced
- Salt to taste
- Season chicken pieces with all purpose or poultry season. Marinade for at least 4 hours or overnight in a covered container in the refrigerator
- Pre heat oven to gas mark 4. Line an oven proof dish with foil
- Place chicken pieces along with leftover marinade into the dish and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Turn chicken pieces over and cook for another 10 minutes
- Place honey, ginger, chilies in a pot and heat. Stir constantly to ensure the glaze does not burn
- Pour the glaze over the chicken ensuring chicken pieces are evenly coated and return chicken to the oven and cook for another 10 minutes
- Serve as a side with rice or potatoes or pasta. Or on its own. Or with a salad